FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2020
8:00 - 8:30 a.m.
Registration & Breakfast
Conference registration will take place in the lobby of Raether Hall at the Tuck School of Business. Follow the directional signs once you reach Tuck Hall (100 Tuck Hall, Hanover, NH 03755.)
8:30 - 8:40 a.m.
Welcome & Introductions
8:40 - 9:30 a.m.
Keynote address by Dwight Poler T'93, Senior Advisor, Bain Capital
9:40 - 10:30 a.m.
Session I: Panels 1-3
1. Healthcare Innovation & Venture Environment: What's Working and What's Not
Moderated by Ross Klosterman T'20
• E. Selemon Asfaw T'14 - UnitedHealth Group, Optum
• Graham Brooks T'02 - .406 Ventures, Partner
• Leah O'Donnell - BambüGlobal Healthcare, Consultant
• Sarah Sossong - Flare Capital, Investor
2. Dual Perspectives: Former VCs Now Growing VC-backed Companies
Moderated by Melina Sánchez Montañés T'20
• Jason Coloma T'07 - Maze, President & CEO
• Heather Onstott T'07 - Onstott Financial Consulting
• Samantha Truex D'92 TH'93 T'95 - Quench Bio, CEO
3. Consumer Retail: Proliferation & Sustainability of Direct-to-Consumer Brands
Moderated by Nirlipta Panda T'20
• Dan Aziz - Premama, CEO
• Dean Bakes - M3 Ventures, Principal
• Anna Fagin D'13 - 3L, Director
• Sophie Kahn - AUrate, Co-CEO
• Jason Shuman - Primary Venture Partners, Principal
10:30 - 11:00 a.m.
Coffee & Networking Break
11:00 - 11:50 a.m.
Session II: Panels 4-6
4. Real Estate Investing in the Late Stages of a Boom Market
Moderated by Mike Hartford T'20
• Sarah Schwarzschild T'08 - Carlyle, Partner & Co-Head of Metropolitan Real Estate
• Sarah Shank T'03 - Beacon Capital Partners, Managing Director & Head of Portfolio Mgmt.
• Stephen Vicinelli D'87 - TIFF Investment Management, Former Managing Director
5. Buyouts: Using Industry Expertise in the Middle-Market
Moderated by Sandy Carton T'20
• Jason Crowl T'13 - Graham Partners, Principal
• Matthew Goulding - Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP, Partner
• Jonathan Lewis T'05 - Sheridan Capital Partners, Managing Partner
• Elizabeth Williamson D'05 - Frontenac, Managing Director
6. Energy Private Equity: Investing in the Energy Transition
Moderated by Ryan Ganong T'20
• Patrick Fox T'07 - New Energy Capital, Managing Partner
• Timothy Healy D'91 T'02 - P3 Energy, CEO
• Matt Prescottano T'15 - BlackRock, Vice President
• Pooja Yadav T'18 - CrossBoundary, Senior Advisor
12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Lunch & Mentoring Sessions
1:10 - 2:00 p.m.
Keynote address by Diane Daych T'85, Managing Partner & Co-Founder, Granite Growth - interviewed by Martha Pease D'79, Partner & Director, BCG
2:10 - 3:00 p.m.
Session III: Panels 7-8
7. Private Equity: Weathering the Storm During Recession
Moderated by Olivia Moore T'20
• Kathleen Bacon T'93 - HarbourVest Partners, Senior Advisor
• Brendan Cameron D'79 - JP Morgan Investment Management, Managing Director
• Micah Meisel T'04 - InTandem Capital, Managing Director
• Nick Russell D'00 T'10 - Tuckerman Capital, Partner
8. Sourcing Strategies in Buyouts & Growth Equity
Moderated by Trey Meyer T'20
• Mehran Ahmed - Webster Equity Partners, Principal
• Jared Pomerance T'16 - Parthenon Capital Partners, Vice President
• Renny Smith T'83 - Staley Capital, Managing Partner
• Jonathan Wilson - Siguler Guff & Company, Managing Director
3:10 - 4:00 p.m.
Session IV: Panels 9-10
9. Venture Capital: It’s Heating Up
Moderated by Gavin Loudfoot T'20
• Luofei Deng D'10 - Green D Ventures, Principal
• Matt Fates T'02 - Pulse Ventures, Founder & General Partner
• Phil Ferneau D’84, T’96 - Borealis Ventures, Co-Founder and Managing Partner
• Erica Van - Charles River Ventures, Investor
10. More than One Way to Make an Impact
Moderated by Maddie Conlin T'20
• Jay Bockhaus - CORI Innovation Fund, Managing Partner
• Caroline Bressan T'14 - Open Road Ventures, Managing Director
• Deb Kemper T'95 - Golden Seed Ventures, Managing Partner